- Gossip Girl led the Teen Choice 2010 nominations, earning six total. Gossip Girl and 90210 were both nominated for Choice TV Show: Drama. Penn Badgley (Dan, Gossip Girl), Chace Crawford (Nate, Gossip Girl) and Tristan Wilds (Dixon, 90210) were all nominated for Choice TV Actor: Drama. The Choice TV Actress: Drama category featured all current and former teen drama stars: Blake Lively (Serena, Gossip Girl), Leighton Meester (Blair, Gossip Girl) and Sophia Bush (Brooke, One Tree Hill) along with Olivia Wilde (Alex, The O.C.) for House and Shailene Woodley (Kaitlin, The O.C.) for The Secret Life of the American Teenager. Ed Westwick (Chuck, Gossip Girl) was nominated for Choice TV Villain. Joshua Jackson (Pacey, Dawson’s Creek) and Paul Wesley (Donnie, The O.C.) were both nominated for Choice TV Actor: Fantasy/Sci-Fi for Fringe and The Vampire Diaries, respectively. Kristen Bell (Gossip Girl, Gossip Girl) was nominated for Choice Movie Actress: Romantic Comedy for When In Rome and Choice Movie Actress: Comedy for Couples Retreat while Michelle Williams (Jen, Dawson’s Creek) and Rumer Willis (Gia, 90210) were both nominated for Choice Movie Actress: Horror/Thriller for Shutter Island and Sorority Row, respectively. Badgley and Adam Brody (Seth, The O.C.) were each nominated for Choice Movie Actor: Horror/Thriller for The Stepfather and Jennifer’s Body, respectively.
- The CW Sourcies have begun and the first category is Best Kiss. From our shows, you can vote for Adrianna and Navid’s reunion kiss in the 90210 season finale or Haley and Nathan’s kiss in the One Tree Hill season finale after she reveals she’s pregnant.
- SoapNet made a few changes to the Sunday teen drama schedule: The O.C. is getting two additional hours, now airing from 6-9am while Beverly Hills 90210 airs from 9am to 1pm and One Tree Hill from 3pm to 7pm. I’ve updated their show pages to reflect this.
- MTV spoke with Kevin Zegers (Damien, Gossip Girl) about his upcoming film schedule, including The Story of Bonnie and Clyde, which will also star Hilary Duff (Olivia, Gossip Girl).
- AnnaLynne McCord (Naomi, 90210) was on the Today Show this morning.
- Mekia Cox (Sasha, 90210) was cast in Undercovers, a new NBC series.
- Tori Spelling (Donna, Beverly Hills 90210) will co-host The View tomorrow, the same day her book uncharted terriTORI is released. I am planning to go to her book signing tomorrow night.
- An excerpt from uncharted terriTORI was posted on the Today Show site.
- Paul Johansson (Dan, One Tree Hill) is directing and starring in an adaptation of Atlas Shrugged.
- SoapNet has a new One Tree Hill quiz called Test Your Dan Scott I.Q. I scored a 90 percent and was told “YOU’RE DANGEROUS! You know too much about Dan Scott for his comfort. Arm yourself, or take a page out of Abby Brown’s book and hightail it out of Tree Hill before he confronts you” but I don’t think all the answers are accurate.
Comments : Leave a Comment »
Tags: 90210, Abby, Abby Brown, Adam Brody, Adrianna, Alex, AnnaLynne McCord, Atlas Shrugged, Beverly Hills 90210, Blair, Blake Lively, Brooke, Chace Crawford, Chuck, Couples Retreat, Damien, Dan, Dan Scott, Dawson's Creek, Dixon, Donna, Donnia, Ed Westwick, Fringe, Gia, Gossip Girl, Haley, Hilary Duff, House, Jen, Jennifer's Body, Joshua Jackson, Kaitlin, Kevin Zegers, Kristen Bell, Leighton Meester, Mekia Cox, Michelle Williams, MTV, Naomi, Nate, Nathan, Navid, NBC, Olivia Wilde, One Tree Hill, Pacey, Paul Johansson, Paul Wesley, Penn Badgley, Rumer Willis, Sasha, Serena, Seth, Shailene Woodley, Shutter Island, SoapNet, Sophia Bush, Sorority Row, Teen Choice 2010, Teen Choice Awards, The CW Sourcies, The O.C, The Secret Life of the American Teenager, The Stepfather, The Story of Bonnie and Clyde, The Vampire Diaries, The View, Today Show, Tori Spelling, Tree Hill, Tristan Wilds, Uncharted terriTORI, Undercovers, When In Rome
Categories : 90210, Beverly Hills 90210, Dawson's Creek, Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill, The O.C.
Allison Scagliotti may have had a small part on One Tree Hill but as Abby Brown, the only witness to Dan murdering Keith, it was one of the series’ most pivotal. The storyline is frequently named among fans as one of the best, and Scagliotti shared with me what it was like working on it.
TeenDramaWhore: Your first episode of One Tree Hill (episode 3.16, With Tired Eyes, Tired Minds, Tired Souls, We Slept–the school shooting) is considered by fans to be among the very best. When you auditioned for the role of Abby, and saw the script, what did you think? Did you know the impact the episode would have?
Allison Scagliotti: First off, I’m so glad the episode garnered the response that it did. I had no doubt, given the subject matter, that it might resonate with a lot of people, so I think I speak for all involved when I say we tried to handle it respectfully. The audition process was kind of a top-secret affair. I read sides for a character named Michelle in a scene with another character who was not Jimmy Edwards [Colin Fickes]. After I was cast, the script that production released didn’t have the last page attached! They kept the end of the episode under wraps until the very last second. I was extremely moved by what I read, mostly because the Jimmy character was someone that could be very real. Who knows how many Jimmys there have been and still are in schools everywhere? The tragedy of what becomes of him is enough to wake people up, I think.
TDW: Did you know at the time that Abby would return and be the key person in the Dan-Keith [Paul Johansson-Craig Sheffer] murder storyline? What was your reaction when you found out?
Scagliotti: I had no idea! Almost a full year went by before I got the call, but I was so pumped to go back. I also loved the idea that this meek, shy character could have been the missing link to the town’s morbid mystery. It was exciting to be part of providing some closure to fans for that major chapter of Tree Hill history.
TDW: Dan was anonymously taunted in several episodes, presumably by Abby. Do you think that actually happened or was it just a figment of his imagination?
Scagliotti: Oh, I like to think that little Abby was the one sneaking around to torment Dan. Perhaps her motive was to guilt him into coming clean so she wouldn’t have to carry the burden of what she saw any longer. Or maybe she just wanted to haunt him the way she had been haunted. A little payback.
TDW: Was it difficult filming such an emotional storyline and/or difficult to keep it all a secret?
Scagliotti: Emotionality in a scene is usually pretty tough, but the episode The Runaway Found was extra difficult. Having to sustain that pervading misery that plagued Abby was not something I’d say was particularly fun at the time, but I can look back and said I enjoyed the process and working with the OTH team. Keeping it a secret was easy! Abby seemed to be one of those under-the-radar characters, so I had no problem with fans asking for spoilers. It was an Abby Brown sneak attack! Funny story: one day, while filming in Abby’s house, a whole gaggle of fans was perched on the sidewalk across the street, and shouted my name as I arrived from base camp. It was so bizarre! I never would have expected to be recognized from just one episode, but these kids were superfans. They’d driven down from New England just to hang around set. It was adorable.
TDW: Do you think Abby has a future in Tree Hill?
Scagliotti: If I’ve learned anything, it’s to never say never. The last time we saw Abby, she’d run away from Tree Hill. She could be anywhere! I guess it’s up to [creator] Mark Schwahn what becomes of Abby Brown. Are you reading, Mark?
TDW: Are you still recognized for the role?
Scagliotti: Yes! It totally takes me off guard when people recognize me from One Tree Hill, partially because I was only in 3 episodes. I’m always flattered, though. I can only assume that the Abby storyline was memorable, and that’s all that matters to me.
TDW: Are you still in touch with any of the cast?
Scagliotti: For a while, I stayed in touch with Paul Johansson (ironic, I know) and Hilarie Burton [Peyton]. Everyone on the show was delightful to me, but I clicked with those two the most. Paul was a dream to work with. We were very vocal about what we needed from each other before a scene, and as terrifying as he can be on screen, he was an absolute teddy bear in real life. I was walking around downtown Wilmington one evening, when I heard my name called from across the street. It was Paul, and we decided to hang out at a local restaurant for a while. We wound up out until 2 am. He’s the coolest. Hilarie was a sweetheart, too; we bonded over our favorite book, Lolita, and love of music. Typing this out makes me miss those guys!
TDW: You’re currently starring in Warehouse 13. For those that aren’t familiar with it, what is the show about and what role do you play?
Scagliotti: Warehouse 13 is a Syfy show about a top-secret government facility that houses unexplained, supernatural artifacts from around the globe that pose a threat to national security. At the center of the fold you have two Secret Service agents charged with tracking down and obtaining the artifacts, and then you have Artie, the warehouse curator and expert. I play Claudia Donovan, a hip young techno-wiz who hacks her way into the warehouse to kidnap Artie, whom she believes is responsible for her brother’s disappearance. The show is action-packed and very funny, and the intrigue builds every week. I got to mess with the coolest gadgets.
TDW: Are you working on any other projects?
Scagliotti: [I just went to] Comic Con in San Diego to promote W13, and after that I’ll be working on a play here in LA with my friends Alden Ehrenreich and Jesse Allis. Other than that, fingers crossed for season two!!
You can see Scagliotti on Warehouse 13, currently airing Tuesdays at 9pm on the SyFy network.
Come back next Sunday for another exclusive interview!
Comments : 2 Comments »
Tags: Abby, Abby Brown, Alden Ehrenreich, Allison Scagliotti, Claudia Donovan, Colin Fickes, Comic Con, Craig Sherffer, Dan, Hilarie Burton, Jesse Allis, Jimmy, Jimmy Edwards, Keith, Lolita, Mark Schwahn, One Tree Hill, Paul Johansson, Peyton, San Diego, SyFy, Tree Hill, W13, Warehouse 13
Categories : One Tree Hill