- Gossip Girl led the Teen Choice 2010 nominations, earning six total. Gossip Girl and 90210 were both nominated for Choice TV Show: Drama. Penn Badgley (Dan, Gossip Girl), Chace Crawford (Nate, Gossip Girl) and Tristan Wilds (Dixon, 90210) were all nominated for Choice TV Actor: Drama. The Choice TV Actress: Drama category featured all current and former teen drama stars: Blake Lively (Serena, Gossip Girl), Leighton Meester (Blair, Gossip Girl) and Sophia Bush (Brooke, One Tree Hill) along with Olivia Wilde (Alex, The O.C.) for House and Shailene Woodley (Kaitlin, The O.C.) for The Secret Life of the American Teenager. Ed Westwick (Chuck, Gossip Girl) was nominated for Choice TV Villain. Joshua Jackson (Pacey, Dawson’s Creek) and Paul Wesley (Donnie, The O.C.) were both nominated for Choice TV Actor: Fantasy/Sci-Fi for Fringe and The Vampire Diaries, respectively. Kristen Bell (Gossip Girl, Gossip Girl) was nominated for Choice Movie Actress: Romantic Comedy for When In Rome and Choice Movie Actress: Comedy for Couples Retreat while Michelle Williams (Jen, Dawson’s Creek) and Rumer Willis (Gia, 90210) were both nominated for Choice Movie Actress: Horror/Thriller for Shutter Island and Sorority Row, respectively. Badgley and Adam Brody (Seth, The O.C.) were each nominated for Choice Movie Actor: Horror/Thriller for The Stepfather and Jennifer’s Body, respectively.
- The CW Sourcies have begun and the first category is Best Kiss. From our shows, you can vote for Adrianna and Navid’s reunion kiss in the 90210 season finale or Haley and Nathan’s kiss in the One Tree Hill season finale after she reveals she’s pregnant.
- SoapNet made a few changes to the Sunday teen drama schedule: The O.C. is getting two additional hours, now airing from 6-9am while Beverly Hills 90210 airs from 9am to 1pm and One Tree Hill from 3pm to 7pm. I’ve updated their show pages to reflect this.
- MTV spoke with Kevin Zegers (Damien, Gossip Girl) about his upcoming film schedule, including The Story of Bonnie and Clyde, which will also star Hilary Duff (Olivia, Gossip Girl).
- AnnaLynne McCord (Naomi, 90210) was on the Today Show this morning.
- Mekia Cox (Sasha, 90210) was cast in Undercovers, a new NBC series.
- Tori Spelling (Donna, Beverly Hills 90210) will co-host The View tomorrow, the same day her book uncharted terriTORI is released. I am planning to go to her book signing tomorrow night.
- An excerpt from uncharted terriTORI was posted on the Today Show site.
- Paul Johansson (Dan, One Tree Hill) is directing and starring in an adaptation of Atlas Shrugged.
- SoapNet has a new One Tree Hill quiz called Test Your Dan Scott I.Q. I scored a 90 percent and was told “YOU’RE DANGEROUS! You know too much about Dan Scott for his comfort. Arm yourself, or take a page out of Abby Brown’s book and hightail it out of Tree Hill before he confronts you” but I don’t think all the answers are accurate.
Comments : Leave a Comment »
Tags: 90210, Abby, Abby Brown, Adam Brody, Adrianna, Alex, AnnaLynne McCord, Atlas Shrugged, Beverly Hills 90210, Blair, Blake Lively, Brooke, Chace Crawford, Chuck, Couples Retreat, Damien, Dan, Dan Scott, Dawson's Creek, Dixon, Donna, Donnia, Ed Westwick, Fringe, Gia, Gossip Girl, Haley, Hilary Duff, House, Jen, Jennifer's Body, Joshua Jackson, Kaitlin, Kevin Zegers, Kristen Bell, Leighton Meester, Mekia Cox, Michelle Williams, MTV, Naomi, Nate, Nathan, Navid, NBC, Olivia Wilde, One Tree Hill, Pacey, Paul Johansson, Paul Wesley, Penn Badgley, Rumer Willis, Sasha, Serena, Seth, Shailene Woodley, Shutter Island, SoapNet, Sophia Bush, Sorority Row, Teen Choice 2010, Teen Choice Awards, The CW Sourcies, The O.C, The Secret Life of the American Teenager, The Stepfather, The Story of Bonnie and Clyde, The Vampire Diaries, The View, Today Show, Tori Spelling, Tree Hill, Tristan Wilds, Uncharted terriTORI, Undercovers, When In Rome
Categories : 90210, Beverly Hills 90210, Dawson's Creek, Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill, The O.C.
- Digital Spy has a very interesting video interview with Tristan Wilds (Dixon, 90210).
- Shenae Grimes (Annie, 90210) will be a presenter at the MuchMusic Awards later this month.
- It’s not too late to book a ticket to Nashville for the Jana Kramer (Alex, One Tree Hill) concert on the 16th, featuring a “special One Tree Hill surprise.” There are a few spots remaining. There will also be an open rehearsal the day before at Steve’s Restaurant & Bar at 7pm.
- The One Tree Hill Season 7 DVD will be released August 17 and Gossip Girl Season 3 will be released on August 24, the same day as the 90210 Season 2 DVD. (Note that the press release for GG seems to overstate the ratings for season 3.)
- Kevin Zegers (Damien, Gossip Girl) is starring in a Rock Mafia video with Miley Cyrus.
- Kristen Bell (Gossip Girl, Gossip Girl) and Olivia Wilde (Alex, The O.C.) are both nominated for PETA’s Sexiest Vegetarians of 2010. Bell won in 2006.
- Navi Rawat (Theresa, The O.C.) will have a three-episode appearance on Burn Notice, beginning later this month.
Comments : Leave a Comment »
Tags: 90210, Alex, Annie, Burn Notice, Damien, Digital Spy, Dixon, GG, Gossip Girl, Jana Kramer, Kevin Zegers, Kristen Bell, Miley Cyrus, MuchMusic Awards, Nashville, Navi Rawat, Olivia Wilde, One Tree Hill, PETA, PETA's Sexiest Vegetarians, Rock Mafia, Shenae Grimes, Steve's Restaurant & Bar, The O.C, Theresa, Tristan Wilds
Categories : 90210, Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill, The O.C.
- Have you voted in the Teen Drama Evaluation yet?
- In case you missed it earlier, Chace Crawford (Nate, Gossip Girl) was arrested today for possessing marijuana.
- There is a new trailer for Twelve, starring Crawford.
- Gossip Cop and I again busted rumors that Ed Westwick (Chuck, Gossip Girl) and Jessica Szohr (Vanessa, Gossip Girl) are back together as a couple. They are just hanging out as friends, people.
- Westwick will be a presenter at the CFDA Fashion Awards on Monday.
- Aaron Tveit (Tripp, Gossip Girl) will appear in the Hollywood Bowl production of RENT.
- Kevin Zegers (Damien, Gossip Girl) is currently filming the movie Vampire.
- Examiner.com has an interview with Gossip Girl author Cecily von Ziegesar.
- Drop Dead Diva, which is co-executive produced by Michael Lange (director, BH90210, DC, The O.C. and OTH), has its second season premiere Sunday night on Lifetime.
- Persons Unknown, featuring Jason Wiles (Colin, Beverly Hills 90210), premieres Monday on NBC.
- Jana Kramer (Alex, One Tree Hill) has a concert in Nashville later this month, where she will do a meet-and-greet and also have a “special One Tree Hill surprise.”
- E! Online has an interview with Joe Manganiello (Owen, One Tree Hill) about True Blood.
- Gossip Cop busted a false Life & Style story about Katie Holmes (Joey, Dawson’s Creek) being pregnant.
Comments : 1 Comment »
Tags: Aaron Tveit, Alex, Beverly Hills 90210, BH90210, Cecily von Ziegesar, CFDA Fashion Awards, Chace Crawford, Chuck, Colin, Damien, Dawson's Creek, DC, Drop Dead Diva, E! Online, Ed Westwick, Examiner.com, Gossip Cop, Gossip Girl, Hollywood Bowl, Jana Kramer, Jason Wiles, Jessica Szohr, Joe Manganiello, Joey, Katie Holmes, Kevin Zegers, Life & Style, Michael Lange, Nashville, Nate, NBC, One Tree Hill, OTH, Persons Unknown, RENT, The O.C, Tripp, True Blood, Twelve, Vampire, Vanessa
Categories : Beverly Hills 90210, Dawson's Creek, Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill, The O.C.
Thanks to all who voted in the second annual Gossip Girl Evaluation.
The winners of each of these will face-off against the winners in the One Tree Hill and 90210 polls.
Winners: Blair, Chuck
Noteworthy: Each essentially creamed the competition, with none of the other girls even able to get double-digit percentages, though the boys fared a bit better. Still, they were a long way behind Chuck’s 64.8 percent.
Last Season’s Winners: Blair, Chuck
Thoughts: Fully expected this given the loud fanbase I see on nearly every site covering Gossip Girl. But I expected Chuck to totally destroy the competition as Blair did. Guess she really still is Queen Bee.
Winner: Blair and Chuck
Noteworthy: The only couple to come close–and by “close,” I mean not close at all–was Serena and Nate. Serena-Tripp and Vanessa-Scott were the only couples not voted for at all.
Last Season’s Winner: Blair and Chuck
Thoughts: If you didn’t see this coming, I don’t know what to tell you. And that’s not to say the couple doesn’t have its detractors (see below).
Winners: Jenny, Dan
Noteworthy: Vanessa narrowly “lost,” receiving just five votes less than Jenny. There was a smaller margin on the male side, with Chuck actually getting a decent percentage of vote.
Last Season’s Winners: Vanessa, Dan
Thoughts: Personally, I think the different between Jenny and Vanessa–this season at least–is that Jenny some people have hatred for and no respect, whereas Vanessa simply doesn’t entertain. Similarly and dissimilarly, with Dan and Nate (who came in first and second, respectively), I think it’s just a case of who bores and annoys more, as opposed to actual disgust or exasperation with the characters.
Winner: Vanessa and Dan
Noteworthy: Vanessa and Dan didn’t win by much at all. They were closely followed by Serenate, Serena-Tripp and Dan-Georgina. All couples received at least one vote, with Blair and Chuck getting four.
Last Season’s Winner: Vanessa and Nate
Thoughts: Can’t say I’m surprised V/D won but I could’ve seen the title going to several other couples since there were so many pairings (and lackluster ones at that) this season, in my opinion. Serenate clearly divides people. I imagine there’s more dislike for Blair-Chuck out there than people are willing to admit (even in an anonymous poll), or perhaps it’s just, as I feel most of the time, indifference.
FAVORITE SUPPORTING CHARACTER
Noteworthy: Dorota and Georgina were neck-and-neck last year but a fair distance apart this time around. Dorota’s competition was actually Eric, although he still only had half the votes Dorota got. After Eric, Lily had the next strongest showing. Quite a few didn’t receive any votes, but Cameron, K.C. and Maureen each received one. Really, folks?
Last Season’s Winner: Georgina
Thoughts: I think Dorota is the “break-out” character of the show, a semi-hidden gem if you will, and am eager to see what they do with her next season given she has a child now. I was quite surprised by Eric and Lily doing so well, mostly since they are seen pretty off-and-on throughout the season (though nearly all of the supporting characters are) and I don’t think I’ve ever really heard someone say they like Lily. Good to know now that some people do! Jack also received one vote, which surprised me, as I assumed he would do well under the “character you love to hate” theory. I realized I probably should’ve included Gossip Girl her/himself as an option.
Winner: Blair and Chuck’s relationship
Noteworthy: “Chair” or “Bluck” (whatever you prefer) had the most votes by far, with about equal numbers voting for them overall or focusing on the break-up/Jack storyline. Much to my surprise, the next highest amount was for Dan and Olivia’s relationship. Serenate’s relationship followed closely. There were a few votes for Georgina’s storylines, particularly in the beginning of the season, as well. The most blunt answer: “Jenny GONE (at least for now). Nothing else this season was all that good.”
Invalid Others: None
Last Season’s Winner: Blair and Chuck’s relationship
Thoughts: Kudos to people following the stipulation of focusing on this season only. Boo to those who selected the wrong option (though it happened significantly less than in the OTH evaluation). While the storyline with Chuck and Evelyn/Elizabeth received more than one vote, I expected to have more support.
Noteworthy: Strong dislike for Jenny all around this season, from the character in general to specific storylines, such as trying to be Queen Bee, messing with Serenate and, of course, sleeping with Chuck. Example answers: “Only 1? There were a few… Anything involving Jenny for sure,” “Damien and Jenny The Drug Dealer – what a useless waste. and i LIKE Kevin Zegers” and “the chuck and blair break up 😦 and well..everything with jenny.” The next highest vote-getter was the season-long storyline with Serena and William.
Invalid Others: None
Last Season’s Winner: Multi-way tie due to all single votes
Thoughts: Can’t say I didn’t see this coming, though I expected it to be rivaled by votes for Blair and Chuck’s break-up, which didn’t even end up coming close. On the flipside, I know there are lots of Jenny fans out there, especially Jenny-Nate fans. Guess they just don’t read TDW!
Winner: Georgina telling Dan she’s pregnant with his baby
Noteworthy: This one nearly toppled the competition, although Chuck getting shot wasn’t far behind. Together, they had a significant majority of votes. There were three other single responses: whether Blair and Chuck will reunite, Chuck finding a woman at his father’s grave and “none.” Most interesting responses: “Georgina’s pregnancy, fo’ sho’,” “Chuck being shot even though he is not dead,” “Georgina! Holy Crap!” and “chuck getting shot and georginas pregnancy, although cwtv.com ruined it!”
Invalid Others: None
Last Season’s Winner: Serena finding out where her dad is/Georgina requesting to room with Blair at NYU
Thoughts: I wasn’t surprised here, either, as the Georgina reveal and Chuck shooting essentially came out of nowhere in the final minutes (seconds?) of the finale. Not sure what the “cwtv.com ruined it!” comment is referring to.
RATE THE SEASON OVERALL
Noteworthy: There were equal votes for 7 and 8, so I thought it was fair to average them. All values were voted for, with the next highest value being 5.
Last Season’s Winner: 8
Thoughts: Critics and fans alike have complained of a drop in quality this season, though I was kind of expecting an even lower rating to win, especially given the decisiveness the finale has caused.
RATE THE SHOW OVERALL
Noteworthy: Again, all values received at least one vote with 7 and 8 again faring well. But 10 came out on top, just as it did for One Tree Hill. Will 90210 pull off a perfect score as well?
Last Season’s Winner: 9
Thoughts: So much for that drop in quality. Or perhaps the increase in value for the show as a whole is just a product of more people–or different people–voting this year.
Don’t forget to vote in the 90210 Evaluation if you haven’t already.
Comments : 3 Comments »
Tags: 90210, Blair, Bluck, Cameron, Chair, Chuck, Damien, Dan, Dorota, Eric, Georgina, Gossip Girl, Jack, Jenny, K.C., Kevin Zegers, Lily, Maureen, Nate, Olivia, One Tree Hill, Scott, Serena, Serenate, Tripp, Vanessa, William
Categories : Gossip Girl
With the One Tree Hill evaluation now complete (results will be posted later today), we move on to Gossip Girl.
You have until Saturday at 11:59pm eastern to vote in these polls.
**Please remember your answers should be based solely on the season that just ended, except for the last question, which is about the show overall.**
Note: The format is wonky for the open-ended questions. Please put your answer in the “other” space.
Comments : 3 Comments »
Tags: Agnes, Bart, Blair, Brandeis, Bree, Cameron, Chuck, Cyrus, Damien, Dan, Dorota, Eleanor, Elizabeth, Elliott, Eric, Evelyn, Georgina, Gossip Girl, Grandfather, Holland, Jack, Jenny, Jonathan, K.C., Lily, Maureen, Nate, Olivia, One Tree Hill, Patrick, Rufus, Scott, Serena, Tripp, Vanessa, Vanya, William
Categories : Gossip Girl
RELEVANT QUESTIONS–DON’T READ IF YOU DON’T WANT TO KNOW!!!
Marriam in Mississauga, Ontario: I was just wondering if there’s hope after all for Body Politic now that The Beautiful Life has been canceled? Body Politic should have been picked up to begin with, it was the smartest prospect for the CW since Veronica Mars.
Sorry, the death of TBL doesn’t mean that Body Politic will be resurrected. Honestly, it’s dead and buried, and you gots to let it go. Sorry, dear. That said, if you love good TV, hold out for the CW’s Life UneXpected, which is coming up soon and is wonderful!
Rene in Washington, D.C.: What’s up with this new guy coming to Gossip Girl?
Damien (Kevin Zegers) is bad news. If you like raccoon-eyed Little J, you’re in luck, because sources tell us Damien’s going to bring Jenny “to a dark place.” Break out the mascara and eyeliner, Jenny.
Mel in Boise, Idaho: I really like Bree and Nate together on Gossip Girl. Please tell me that Joanna Garcia is sticking around for a while?!
Sorry, Bree’s not exactly a paragon of sweetness and light. Her intentions are not as pure as we’ve been led to believe. The redheaded Gossip girl mostly just wants revenge on Carter, and she wants it bad. Better luck next time, Nate.
Sydne in Canada: Loved the Gossip Girl clips for tonight. Can you tell us anything else about the episode?
Feeling a bit Bluck-deprived? We promise you’ll get your “Chair” fix tonight. Just as Jenny thought a new beginning was in store, the reigning queen bee has yet another showdown with predecessor Blair. B just can’t let go of the past, and when Little J begins the school year with a no-more-hierarchy rule, her little lackeys reach out to the reluctant NYU undergrad for an intervention. Of course, it takes the always incredible Chuck Bass to pull B back to reality.
Juliet in Arkansas City, Kans.: Have you got any spoilers on Brooke and Julian from One Tree Hill?
Yes, but it’s not necessarily what you One Tree Hill fans will want to hear: Alex comes between them, and Brooke receives some devastating news.
Kimmy in Seattle: I’ve read that Clay has some big secrets on One Tree Hill. Any idea what they are?
Not entirely, but it sounds like Nathan’s basketball career isn’t the only thing that brought the sports agent to Tree Hill. Superstud Robert Buckley tells us: “He has a lot of mystery in his past, and they did not waste any time introducing that. Episode seven has been my personal favorite so far…I was so completely enthralled and affected by it.” And while we’re not sure what it is, Rob says that people will be filtering in and out of the show to piece together his past life.
Shannon in Encinitas, Calif.: All right, I have to ask. The whole porn thing in last week’s 90210 was too weird. Are they going to elaborate on that?
We’d almost forgotten about Navid’s family business too, but Michael Steger tells us that 90210 is about to delve into the adult film biz: “We’re going to see my parents again. They’re going to talk more about the porn industry, and a lot of dirty details from my Dad’s past are going to surface.” With Navid’s journalistic chops, we’re curious to see if he’s the one who uncovers the dirty deets.
Janet in Palmdale, Calif.: I loved the season premiere of Californication. Any spoilers?
In episode two, “The Land of Rape and Honey,” Hank starts his teaching gig at the university and Chuck Bass takes Professor Moody’s criticism too hard—OK, it’s just Ed Westwick guest starring. In the meantime, someone gets raped, and Becca lashes out, leading to more father-daughter drama than we’ve ever seen on the show.
Credit: E! Online
Lots of stuff here!
1. The Body Politic starred Brian Austin Green (David, Beverly Hills 90210). Life UneXpected stars Kerr Smith (Jack, Dawson’s Creek). I remember someone saying they hoped they’d bring Body Politic back but I can’t remember if it was here or elsewhere. I’m curious to see Life UneXpected, though. (Not that I can even find the time to watch another show!)
2. A dark place for Jenny? As I said when this Zegers news was announced, we’ve been there and done that.
3. While Joanna Garcia only has 1 more episode (I believe), the door is open for her to return. I don’t see how this was the “Romeo and Juliet” love story, though, that Garcia and Chace Crawford claimed it would be. Yes, feuding families but is anyone really digging them as a couple?! At this point, I think it’s better that she has another connection to the group and if that’s through Carter, so be it.
4. Why would we feel Bluck deprived? Last week had plenty of Chair in it! And sadly, I didn’t like it then and I didn’t like it tonight.
5. The Alex thing we could’ve guessed last week. As far as Brooke goes, I have a feeling she won’t be able to have kids or something like that.
6. Robert Buckley gave the same vague quote he’s been giving to all the media. But I don’t know how E! doesn’t know the spoilers that we do. This is their JOB!
7. As strange as this might sound, I’m glad we’ll be seeing more of the porn stuff on 90210. I would hate for it be that go-to device every 20 or so episodes just for comedy. Let’s see a real storyline.
8. We already knew about Ed Westwick and Californication.
Comments : Leave a Comment »
Tags: 90210, Alex, Beverly Hills 90210, Blair, Bluck, Body Politic, Bree, Brian Austin Green, Brooke, Californication, Carter, Chair, Chuck, Chuck Bass, Clay, Damien, David, Dawson's Creek, Ed Westwick, Gossip Girl, Jack, Jenny, Joanna Garcia, Julian, Kevin Zegers, Life UneXpectured, Michael Steger, Nate, Nathan, Navid, NYU, Robert Buckley, Romeo and Juliet, The Beautiful Life, The CW, Veronica Marks, Watch with Kristin
Categories : 90210, Beverly Hills 90210, Dawson's Creek, Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill