- According to a new study, the median age of One Tree Hill viewers is 30. Gossip Girl’s is 27 and 90210 is 31.
- PopWrap has an interview with Sophia Bush (Brooke, One Tree Hill).
- Interview has a short, um, interview with Joe Manganiello (Owen, One Tree Hill).
- Examiner.com has an interview with Allison Scagliotti (Abby, One Tree Hill).
- RENT at the Hollywood Bowl, featuring Aaron Tveit (Tripp, Gossip Girl), premieres tomorrow night. Broadway World has a fabulous video interview with Tveit and some of the other stars, plus director Neil Patrick Harris. Devastated that I can’t see it.
- Kathleen Robertson (Clare, Beverly Hills 90210) sold a pilot script to (the Canadian) network Global. Called “Your Time Is Up,” Robertson plans to also star in and produce it.
- Per the above article, the film “A Night For Dying Tigers” features Robertson and will screen at the Toronto Film Festival.
- Vanessa Marcil (Gina, Beverly Hills 90210) will be on The Wendy Williams Show tomorrow.
- The trailer for Burlesque, which features Christina Aguilera (music guest-star, Beverly Hills 90210), Kristen Bell (Gossip Girl, Gossip Girl), Peter Gallagher (Sandy, The O.C.) and Cam Gigandet (Volchok, The O.C.), was released. It also stars Eric Dane, husband to Rebecca Gayheart (Toni, Beverly Hills 90210).
- Autumn Reeser (Taylor, The O.C.) tweeted that she is trying to finish her college degree. She’s getting a BA in theater.
- PopWrap has an entertaining interview with Reeser.
- Doug Liman (executive producer, The O.C.) is directing a pilot for MTV called “I Want My Pants Back” as part of a two-year development deal that he and his company Hypnotic, which was also behind The O.C., signed with Universal Cable Productions.
- Kristin has a fun video interview with Joshua Jackson (Pacey, Dawson’s Creek) where he reiterates his thoughts on Pacey-Con and potentially appearing on The Vampire Diaries, which is executive produced by Kevin Williamson (creator, Dawson’s Creek). Jackson also finds out in the video that James Van Der Beek (Dawson, Dawson’s Creek) got married. Can’t decide if I’m surprised or not surprised that he didn’t know.
- Have you voted in the Teen Drama Evaluation yet?
- In case you missed it earlier, Chace Crawford (Nate, Gossip Girl) was arrested today for possessing marijuana.
- There is a new trailer for Twelve, starring Crawford.
- Gossip Cop and I again busted rumors that Ed Westwick (Chuck, Gossip Girl) and Jessica Szohr (Vanessa, Gossip Girl) are back together as a couple. They are just hanging out as friends, people.
- Westwick will be a presenter at the CFDA Fashion Awards on Monday.
- Aaron Tveit (Tripp, Gossip Girl) will appear in the Hollywood Bowl production of RENT.
- Kevin Zegers (Damien, Gossip Girl) is currently filming the movie Vampire.
- Examiner.com has an interview with Gossip Girl author Cecily von Ziegesar.
- Drop Dead Diva, which is co-executive produced by Michael Lange (director, BH90210, DC, The O.C. and OTH), has its second season premiere Sunday night on Lifetime.
- Persons Unknown, featuring Jason Wiles (Colin, Beverly Hills 90210), premieres Monday on NBC.
- Jana Kramer (Alex, One Tree Hill) has a concert in Nashville later this month, where she will do a meet-and-greet and also have a “special One Tree Hill surprise.”
- E! Online has an interview with Joe Manganiello (Owen, One Tree Hill) about True Blood.
- Gossip Cop busted a false Life & Style story about Katie Holmes (Joey, Dawson’s Creek) being pregnant.
Comments : 1 Comment »
Tags: Aaron Tveit, Alex, Beverly Hills 90210, BH90210, Cecily von Ziegesar, CFDA Fashion Awards, Chace Crawford, Chuck, Colin, Damien, Dawson's Creek, DC, Drop Dead Diva, E! Online, Ed Westwick, Examiner.com, Gossip Cop, Gossip Girl, Hollywood Bowl, Jana Kramer, Jason Wiles, Jessica Szohr, Joe Manganiello, Joey, Katie Holmes, Kevin Zegers, Life & Style, Michael Lange, Nashville, Nate, NBC, One Tree Hill, OTH, Persons Unknown, RENT, The O.C, Tripp, True Blood, Twelve, Vampire, Vanessa
Categories : Beverly Hills 90210, Dawson's Creek, Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill, The O.C.
Thanks to all who voted in the second annual Gossip Girl Evaluation.
The winners of each of these will face-off against the winners in the One Tree Hill and 90210 polls.
Winners: Blair, Chuck
Noteworthy: Each essentially creamed the competition, with none of the other girls even able to get double-digit percentages, though the boys fared a bit better. Still, they were a long way behind Chuck’s 64.8 percent.
Last Season’s Winners: Blair, Chuck
Thoughts: Fully expected this given the loud fanbase I see on nearly every site covering Gossip Girl. But I expected Chuck to totally destroy the competition as Blair did. Guess she really still is Queen Bee.
Winner: Blair and Chuck
Noteworthy: The only couple to come close–and by “close,” I mean not close at all–was Serena and Nate. Serena-Tripp and Vanessa-Scott were the only couples not voted for at all.
Last Season’s Winner: Blair and Chuck
Thoughts: If you didn’t see this coming, I don’t know what to tell you. And that’s not to say the couple doesn’t have its detractors (see below).
Winners: Jenny, Dan
Noteworthy: Vanessa narrowly “lost,” receiving just five votes less than Jenny. There was a smaller margin on the male side, with Chuck actually getting a decent percentage of vote.
Last Season’s Winners: Vanessa, Dan
Thoughts: Personally, I think the different between Jenny and Vanessa–this season at least–is that Jenny some people have hatred for and no respect, whereas Vanessa simply doesn’t entertain. Similarly and dissimilarly, with Dan and Nate (who came in first and second, respectively), I think it’s just a case of who bores and annoys more, as opposed to actual disgust or exasperation with the characters.
Winner: Vanessa and Dan
Noteworthy: Vanessa and Dan didn’t win by much at all. They were closely followed by Serenate, Serena-Tripp and Dan-Georgina. All couples received at least one vote, with Blair and Chuck getting four.
Last Season’s Winner: Vanessa and Nate
Thoughts: Can’t say I’m surprised V/D won but I could’ve seen the title going to several other couples since there were so many pairings (and lackluster ones at that) this season, in my opinion. Serenate clearly divides people. I imagine there’s more dislike for Blair-Chuck out there than people are willing to admit (even in an anonymous poll), or perhaps it’s just, as I feel most of the time, indifference.
FAVORITE SUPPORTING CHARACTER
Noteworthy: Dorota and Georgina were neck-and-neck last year but a fair distance apart this time around. Dorota’s competition was actually Eric, although he still only had half the votes Dorota got. After Eric, Lily had the next strongest showing. Quite a few didn’t receive any votes, but Cameron, K.C. and Maureen each received one. Really, folks?
Last Season’s Winner: Georgina
Thoughts: I think Dorota is the “break-out” character of the show, a semi-hidden gem if you will, and am eager to see what they do with her next season given she has a child now. I was quite surprised by Eric and Lily doing so well, mostly since they are seen pretty off-and-on throughout the season (though nearly all of the supporting characters are) and I don’t think I’ve ever really heard someone say they like Lily. Good to know now that some people do! Jack also received one vote, which surprised me, as I assumed he would do well under the “character you love to hate” theory. I realized I probably should’ve included Gossip Girl her/himself as an option.
Winner: Blair and Chuck’s relationship
Noteworthy: “Chair” or “Bluck” (whatever you prefer) had the most votes by far, with about equal numbers voting for them overall or focusing on the break-up/Jack storyline. Much to my surprise, the next highest amount was for Dan and Olivia’s relationship. Serenate’s relationship followed closely. There were a few votes for Georgina’s storylines, particularly in the beginning of the season, as well. The most blunt answer: “Jenny GONE (at least for now). Nothing else this season was all that good.”
Invalid Others: None
Last Season’s Winner: Blair and Chuck’s relationship
Thoughts: Kudos to people following the stipulation of focusing on this season only. Boo to those who selected the wrong option (though it happened significantly less than in the OTH evaluation). While the storyline with Chuck and Evelyn/Elizabeth received more than one vote, I expected to have more support.
Noteworthy: Strong dislike for Jenny all around this season, from the character in general to specific storylines, such as trying to be Queen Bee, messing with Serenate and, of course, sleeping with Chuck. Example answers: “Only 1? There were a few… Anything involving Jenny for sure,” “Damien and Jenny The Drug Dealer – what a useless waste. and i LIKE Kevin Zegers” and “the chuck and blair break up 😦 and well..everything with jenny.” The next highest vote-getter was the season-long storyline with Serena and William.
Invalid Others: None
Last Season’s Winner: Multi-way tie due to all single votes
Thoughts: Can’t say I didn’t see this coming, though I expected it to be rivaled by votes for Blair and Chuck’s break-up, which didn’t even end up coming close. On the flipside, I know there are lots of Jenny fans out there, especially Jenny-Nate fans. Guess they just don’t read TDW!
Winner: Georgina telling Dan she’s pregnant with his baby
Noteworthy: This one nearly toppled the competition, although Chuck getting shot wasn’t far behind. Together, they had a significant majority of votes. There were three other single responses: whether Blair and Chuck will reunite, Chuck finding a woman at his father’s grave and “none.” Most interesting responses: “Georgina’s pregnancy, fo’ sho’,” “Chuck being shot even though he is not dead,” “Georgina! Holy Crap!” and “chuck getting shot and georginas pregnancy, although cwtv.com ruined it!”
Invalid Others: None
Last Season’s Winner: Serena finding out where her dad is/Georgina requesting to room with Blair at NYU
Thoughts: I wasn’t surprised here, either, as the Georgina reveal and Chuck shooting essentially came out of nowhere in the final minutes (seconds?) of the finale. Not sure what the “cwtv.com ruined it!” comment is referring to.
RATE THE SEASON OVERALL
Noteworthy: There were equal votes for 7 and 8, so I thought it was fair to average them. All values were voted for, with the next highest value being 5.
Last Season’s Winner: 8
Thoughts: Critics and fans alike have complained of a drop in quality this season, though I was kind of expecting an even lower rating to win, especially given the decisiveness the finale has caused.
RATE THE SHOW OVERALL
Noteworthy: Again, all values received at least one vote with 7 and 8 again faring well. But 10 came out on top, just as it did for One Tree Hill. Will 90210 pull off a perfect score as well?
Last Season’s Winner: 9
Thoughts: So much for that drop in quality. Or perhaps the increase in value for the show as a whole is just a product of more people–or different people–voting this year.
Don’t forget to vote in the 90210 Evaluation if you haven’t already.
Comments : 3 Comments »
Tags: 90210, Blair, Bluck, Cameron, Chair, Chuck, Damien, Dan, Dorota, Eric, Georgina, Gossip Girl, Jack, Jenny, K.C., Kevin Zegers, Lily, Maureen, Nate, Olivia, One Tree Hill, Scott, Serena, Serenate, Tripp, Vanessa, William
Categories : Gossip Girl
With the One Tree Hill evaluation now complete (results will be posted later today), we move on to Gossip Girl.
You have until Saturday at 11:59pm eastern to vote in these polls.
**Please remember your answers should be based solely on the season that just ended, except for the last question, which is about the show overall.**
Note: The format is wonky for the open-ended questions. Please put your answer in the “other” space.
Comments : 3 Comments »
Tags: Agnes, Bart, Blair, Brandeis, Bree, Cameron, Chuck, Cyrus, Damien, Dan, Dorota, Eleanor, Elizabeth, Elliott, Eric, Evelyn, Georgina, Gossip Girl, Grandfather, Holland, Jack, Jenny, Jonathan, K.C., Lily, Maureen, Nate, Olivia, One Tree Hill, Patrick, Rufus, Scott, Serena, Tripp, Vanessa, Vanya, William
Categories : Gossip Girl
- Last night’s Gossip Girl (1.7 million viewers) stayed the same in the ratings compared to last week, making that two weeks in a row with a record-low. Meanwhile, Life Unexpected had a nice increase in ratings, which The CW (rightfully) bragged about in a press release, while also spinning GG’s numbers.
- At work today, Gossip Cop and I busted Access Hollywood and OK! Magazine for citing one of the fake Twitter accounts for Chace Crawford (Nate, Gossip Girl).
- Zap2it has an interview with Aaron Tveit (Tripp, Gossip Girl), mostly about Ugly Betty.
- Hilary Duff (Olivia, Gossip Girl) and Chris Carmack (Luke, The O.C.) star in the TV movie Beauty & The Briefcase, which will air on ABCFamily April 18.
- Benjamin McKenzie (Ryan, The O.C.) wrote a piece for TVGuide.com about tonight’s episode of Southland. Apparently this is the third week he’s done this. News to me!
- Bonnie Somerville (Rachel, The O.C.) and Matt Lanter (Liam, 90210) each participated in a short trivia game with DailyFill, where the questions happened to be predominantly about our teen dramas!
- The CW Source, BuzzSugar and TeenTelevision.com have spoilish interviews with Tristan Wilds (Dixon, 90210).
- Alloy and TV.com have spoilish interviews with Michael Steger (Navid, 90210). Really not happy with the factually-inaccurate and insulting answer he gave to the last question in the latter one. (BTW, have you read my interview with him?)
- Crushable.com has a post highlighting “5 Dudes Who Are Way Too Old To Be Playing Teenagers on TV,” including Trevor Donovan (Teddy, 90210) and making references to Steger and Andrea (Gabrielle Carteris, Beverly Hills 90210).
- The Walshes ranked 49th in TV Guide Magazine’s list of Top 50 TV Families.
- For the week of February 22, One Tree Hill had one of the top 10 biggest gains when DVR ratings were factored in.
- Hilarie Burton (Peyton, One Tree Hill) posted a new vlog earlier this month on the SoGoPro site.
- Kate Voegele (Mia, One Tree Hill) is going on tour with Jordin Sparks.
- Michaela McManus (Lindsey, One Tree Hill) has been cast as one of the leads in the CW pilot Nomads.
Comments : Leave a Comment »
Tags: 90210, Aaron, Aaron Tveit, ABCFamily, Access Hollywood, Alloy, Andrea, Beauty & The Briefcase, Benjamin McKenzie, Beverly Hills 90210, Bonnie Somerville, BuzzSugar, Chace Crawford, Chris Carmack, Crushable.com, DailyFill, Dixon, Gabrielle Carteris, GG, Gossip Cop, Gossip Girl, Hilarie Burton, Hilary Duff, Kate Voegele, Liam, Life UneXpected, Lindsey, Luke, Matt Lanter, Mia, Michael Steger, Michaela McManus, Nate, Navid, Nomads, OK! Magazine, Olivia, One Tree Hill, Peyton, Rachel, Ryan, SoGoPro, Southland, Teddy, TeenTelevision.com, The CW, The CW Source, The Walshes, Trevor Donovan, Tripp, Tristan Wilds, TV Guide Magazine, TV.com, TVGuide.com, Twitter, Ugly Betty, Zap2it
Categories : 90210, Beverly Hills 90210, Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill, The O.C.
- I have confirmed that Antwon Tanner (Skills, One Tree Hill) will appear in at least one episode of OTH later this season, despite being sentenced last month to three months in prison. As I reported then, Tanner hadn’t been fired from the show and he has until the end of April to begin serving his sentence, so this news makes perfect sense. I will have a spoiler on Tanner’s appearance on Sunday.
- Change of plans again: Robert Buckley (Clay, One Tree Hill) will indeed be at the Wilmington police fundraiser tomorrow.
- Michael Grubbs (Grubbs, One Tree Hill) chose Tobias’ poem as the winner of our contest.
- TVGuide.com and ScreenStar.com have interviews with Bryan Greenberg (Jake, One Tree Hill) about his new movie The Good Guy.
- Variety has an article on Glee, which mentions One Tree Hill, Beverly Hills 90210 and Gossip Girl.
- Monday is the start of the showbizzle Hollywood Challenge, where college improv teams and sketch comedy groups can compete fo the chance to work with Charles Rosin (executive producer, Beverly Hills 90210), among other prizes.
- Caroline McWilliams (LuAnn Pruit, Beverly Hills 90210) died last week. She was 64.
- MTV.com has an article on the AnnaLynne McCord (Naomi, 90210) Shape cover story.
- Tristan Wilds (Dixon, 90210) and Matt Lanter (Liam, 90210) are participating in GameStop’s Bad Company 2 Celebrity Tournament.
- Lanter spoke with E! Online about working with Leighton Meester (Blair, Gossip Girl) on The Roommate and gave some 90210 spoilers.
- Brian Austin Green (David, Beverly Hills 90210), Meester and Ed Westwick (Chuck, Gossip Girl) are included in a PopEater list of Actors Who (Sort of) Secretly Rock.
- Hilary Duff (Olivia, Gossip Girl) is engaged to hockey player Mike Comrie.
- Aaron Tveit (Tripp, Gossip Girl) will appear on an episode of Ugly Betty in March.
- PEOPLE.com has Gossip Girl spoilers.
- PopMatters has an interesting article they say is about Chuck vs. Gossip Girl but there’s a whole lotta O.C. in there.
- Olivia Wilde (Alex, The O.C.) will be among the presenters at the Film Independent Spirit Awards next month.
- This is an interesting article on the connection the band Mumford & Sogs has to Orange County and The O.C.
- The Boston Herald has an article on James Van Der Beek (Dawson, Dawson’s Creek) and his new movie Formosa Betrayed.
Comments : 5 Comments »
Tags: 90210, Aaron Tveit, Alex, AnnaLynne McCord, Antwon Tanner, Bad Company 2 Celebrity Tournament, Beverly Hills 90210, Blair, Boston Herald, Brian Austin Green, Bryan Greenberg, Caroline McWilliams, Charles Rosin, Chuck, Clay, David, Dawson, Dawson's Creek, Dixon, E! Online, Ed Westwick, Film Independent Spirit Awards, GameStop, Glee, Gossip Girl, Grubbs, Hilary Duff, Jake, James Van Der Beek, Leighton Meester, Liam, LuAnn, LuAnn Pruit, Matt Lanter, Michael Grubbs, Mike Comrie, MTV.com, Mumford & Songs, Naomi, Olivia, Olivia Wilde, One Tree Hill, Orange County, PEOPLE.com, PopEater, PopMatters, Robert Buckley, ScreenStar.com, Shape, Showbizzle, showbizzle Hollywood Challenge, Skills, The Good Guy, The O.C, The Roommate, Tripp, Tristan Wilds, TVGuide.com, Ugly Betty, Variety, Wilmington
Categories : 90210, Beverly Hills 90210, Dawson's Creek, Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill, The O.C.
RELEVANT QUESTIONS–DON’T READ IF YOU DON’T WANT TO KNOW!!!
This just in: Leighton Meester is the worst gossip giver ever!
We ran into the Gossip Girl goddess at the opening of Klutch nightclub in Miami and she seemed to spill some very big beans on what’s ahead on her CW show:
“Someone is pregnant!”
After searching high and low, near and far, and in every imaginary OB/GYN office on the Upper East Side we have concluded: That mischievous little minx was talking about freaking Dorota. Yes, Dorota! You know, Blair’s hired hand? And this wouldn’t be such a letdown if we didn’t already know this info ages ago when it was revealed on the show.
Nicely played, Leighton. We’ll leave the real gossip-giving to Kristen Bell.
Ashley P. in Illinois: I am so sorry to bother you, but I keep hearing that the CW will cancel Gossip Girl. Do you know what the real deal is? I hope that the show is not getting canceled. This is my favorite show. Please let me know what the truth is.
The CW ordering another year of Gossip Girl is one of the few sure things in this world. Even with that network’s overall ratings troubles, Gossip Girl is a winner for them, both creatively and economically. Don’t worry your pretty little head about it for another minute!
Leigh in New York: I was catching up on Eastwick yesterday morning (I have a thing for Lindsay Price—I can’t describe it) and was startled when it seemed the most recent episode had skipped resolving some major cliffhangers from the previous episode. At the end of the earlier episode, all three girls were about to die, and then at the beginning of the most recent, they had no powers, were all alive and healthy, and were avoiding each other. Do you know what’s up?
OK, we checked with ABC and here’s the deal, but brace yourself, because it’s confusing: The Eastwick episode “Red, Bath & Beyond” was originally scheduled to air Dec. 23, but it was pre-empted for two episodes of Cougar Town. Then the next chapter in the story, “Magic Snow and Creepy Gene,” aired on Dec. 30, without the previous chapter “Red, Bath & Beyond” ever getting airtime on ABC. And the last episode, “Pampered and Tampered,” was originally set to air Jan. 13, but it has been replaced by Ugly Betty, which is now airing Wednesdays at 10 p.m. Sadly for you Lindsay Price fans, ABC currently does not currently have new air dates planned for the airing of either “Red, Bath & Beyond” or “Pampered and Tampered.” (Don’t they know that Eastwick won our Fall Save One Show poll?!) The two remaining eps of Eastwick may be scheduled at some point in the future, but nothing is nailed down. Sad face. Sorry, guys.
Jackie in Briarcliff Manor, N.Y.: When do all the shows come back?! Vampire Diaries, Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill and Grey’s Anatomy? I can’t make it much longer without them!
All your TV-show return date questions are answered in our winter premieres calendar!
amson in New York: Do you know anything about Chuck Bass’ “mom” on Gossip Girl?
I heard it’s a trick by Jack Bass, but then, um, it might not be—or something like that. It sounds confusing and there are definitely a lot of twists and turns, so buckle up! (Especially if you’re in a car with Tripp—anyone else completely over that character? I find myself focusing on his hair gel in scenes, which can’t be a good sign.)
Victor: Who is coming back with Taylor to One Tree Hill? I saw the promo for it and it looks really good.
I’m told by a reliable source that the mystery guy she brings with her is someone’s ex-husband. Thoughts? Bets? Guesses?
Credit: E! Online
I posted last week about the faux spoiler Meester gave.
While I understand where Kristin’s confidence is coming from, I wouldn’t be surprised if The CW throws a curve ball somehow. GG is far from a ratings winner for them. What they have is buzz, both positive and negative but constant. The day that stops is the day they’ll have serious problems with the show. But there’s also only so many slots in their schedule so if Life Unexpected is a success AND they want to add a few pilots in the fall, they’re going to have issues a lot sooner. Something will have to give somewhere, just as I hinted in my Random Thought from yesterday.
Price played Janet on Beverly Hills 90210.
We already know David is the one coming back with Taylor on One Tree Hill, but he’s not Quinn’s ex-husband. They’re still married.
Comments : 1 Comment »
Tags: Blair, David, Dorota, E! Online, Eastwick, GG, Gossip Girl, Klutch, Kristen Bell, Leighton Meester, Life UneXpected, Lindsay Price, Miami, Quinn, Taylor, The CW, Tripp, Upper East Side
Categories : Beverly Hills 90210, Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill